I have been obsessed with Hungry Girl’s mexican pizza swap for a few years now! She basically made a healthier version of Taco Bell’s and I love it even more than theirs. In fact, it’s been years since I’ve had one from Taco Bell because I prefer this.
Serving Size: 1, Calories: 254, WW+ Points: 6
Fat: 6.5 g, Sodium: 803mg, Carbs: 34.5g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 3.5g, Protein: 16.5g
- (2) 6″ corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (Boca is my favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese (Sargento has a great one)
Sometimes I will change out the Boca crumbles for lean ground beef that is 94% lean or higher, although honestly, I prefer the Boca for this recipe!
Also, I don’t really like tomatoes, but you can add 1/4 cup chopped tomato as well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lay tortillas on baking sheet (may need to spray non-stick depending on your pan–I usually put down aluminum foil for easy clean up)
- Bake for six minutes, flip, then bake for another six minutes. Remove and keep oven on.
- WHILE the tortillas are cooking, cook soy crumbles with 1/4 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- Once tortillas are cooked, spread one of them with refried beans then top with soy crumbles
- Place the other tortilla on top
- Mix remaining taco seasoning with taco sauce then pour evenly on top of the tortilla
- Top with cheese and bake for about three minutes or until cheese is melted
I’m no chef, as it may be clear from my “cooking adventures.” I am trying to do better though and this Sunday may have been one of my best entrees yet.
My fiancé’s mom gave me her old crock pot probably a year ago. I had used it once to melt cheese dip, but never for an actual crock pot recipe. Not sure why I hadn’t, but this weekend I gave it a shot with Skinnytaste’s Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili.
I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing it was. I’m not a big fan of onions, tomatoes and a few other things, so here is how I made it. If you love onions, tomatoes and all those other things, take a look at the original recipe.
Rice and cheese are optional. I put “desired amount” for the rice, because you’ll basically pour some of the chili on top of the rice. So essentially it’s however much rice you’d like. Perhaps a half a cup cooked. I’ve yet to try quinoa, but I’m sure that would be a healthier alternative than white rice. If I try it, I’ll post results.
Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g
(Nutritional information from Skinnytaste, doesn’t include rice or cheese)
- 1 16-oz can Bush’s black beans (reduced sodium)
- 1 16-oz can Bush’s kidney beans (reduced sodium)
- 1 8-oz Hunt’s can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 1 packet Ortega taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- White rice (optional amount)
- Taco/mexican blend cheese (optional amount)
- Combine beans, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning into crockpot
- Place chicken over the top and cover
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for six hours
- 30 minutes prior to eating, remove chicken, shred, then put it back into crock pot and stir
- Cook desired amount of rice (will pour crock pot mixture over prior to serving)
- Top rice with chili, and sprinkle on cheese