I have been obsessed with Hungry Girl’s mexican pizza swap for a few years now! She basically made a healthier version of Taco Bell’s and I love it even more than theirs. In fact, it’s been years since I’ve had one from Taco Bell because I prefer this.
Serving Size: 1, Calories: 254, WW+ Points: 6
Fat: 6.5 g, Sodium: 803mg, Carbs: 34.5g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 3.5g, Protein: 16.5g
- (2) 6″ corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (Boca is my favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese (Sargento has a great one)
Sometimes I will change out the Boca crumbles for lean ground beef that is 94% lean or higher, although honestly, I prefer the Boca for this recipe!
Also, I don’t really like tomatoes, but you can add 1/4 cup chopped tomato as well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lay tortillas on baking sheet (may need to spray non-stick depending on your pan–I usually put down aluminum foil for easy clean up)
- Bake for six minutes, flip, then bake for another six minutes. Remove and keep oven on.
- WHILE the tortillas are cooking, cook soy crumbles with 1/4 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- Once tortillas are cooked, spread one of them with refried beans then top with soy crumbles
- Place the other tortilla on top
- Mix remaining taco seasoning with taco sauce then pour evenly on top of the tortilla
- Top with cheese and bake for about three minutes or until cheese is melted