One of my favorite things to do is prepare something for the week so I don’t have to do it during the week. I’ve been preparing lunches for the week for a long time and just discovered something healthier for breakfast that isn’t yogurt full of all kinds of crazy ingredients I can’t pronounce: Egg muffins!
I found the recipe on Kalyn’s Kitchen’s and it’s a great low carb way to start your day. Kaylyn’s Kitchen is a great website to bookmark for low carb ideas, that’s where I found my absolute favorite mashed cauliflower from.
I’ll explain things for a metal muffin pan, but if you have silicone, be sure to check out that link.
Servings: 12 (each)
- 1 dozen medium eggs
- 1 cup mild reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Spike seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and fill muffin pan with liners
- Spray with vegetable oil to keep egg muffins from sticking
- Crack all the eggs into a large bowl and whisk
- Stir in cheese then Spike seasoning
- Pour into muffin pan approximately 3/4 way full
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until brown on top
Let them cool for 15 to 20 minutes, then I just baggy them up or however you want to store them! I have a convection oven so during the week I will re-heat them at 350°F for five minutes then they are ready to go.
Also, the Spike seasoning is a great add to anything. I’ve tossed it into some of the things I have been making lately and it adds a lot of flavor.